November 16-17, 2013 / CCA’s San Francisco Campus
Opening Address by Chris Waugh, Senior Lead of IDEO Health & Wellness
To create a intervention that addresses the following questions:
- How can we improve the relationship between motorists and cyclists in Silicon Valley?
- And encourage behavior change to ensure the safety of all on the road?
One team will be selected to move forward with their design proposal. That team will receive $1500 to refine their design for a pilot intervention.
There are 50 spots available. Students may sign up as a team (4-5 people) or individually.
Registration will close on Monday, November 11 or when 50 students have registered, whichever comes first. Students will be admitted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Registration for Individuals
Students signing up independently will be placed into teams of 4 or 5, and introduced to their teammates on or before Monday, November 11.
Registration for Teams
When choosing teammates, consider the variety of personal skills necessary to execute and present an innovative and exciting project.
- Is there someone who excels at narrative (e.g., a writer, an animator)?
- Is there someone who excels at organizing presentations (e.g., that student who presented a killer final last Spring)?
- What skills do people have that aren't necessarily aligned with their major?
Registration for Wheel Well is now officially closed.
If you have any questions, have a team all ready to go, or just can't imagine missing this event (we can't!) - email Megan Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dan Cohen / Creative Producer @ Apple
Matt Cooke / Head of User Experience @ Iron Creative Communication
Thomas Prehn / Director for Global Strategic Business & Product Innovation @ CatEye
Bob Jonsen / Chief of Police @ City of Menlo Park
Corinne Winter / Executive Director @ Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
Derek Chan / Outreach Manager @ CA Department of Motor Vehicles
John Knox White / Transportation Planner @ SF Metropolitan Transportation Association
David Oberholtzer / Lead User Experience Designer @ Gensler
Email Megan Clark at email@example.com